Slow Cooker Maple Pork Tenderloin made with lean pork, a maple and mustard sauce, and red onion that cooks in the slow cooker for a delicious, comforting meal.
Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite things to make in the slow cooker since I find the end product resembles a much fattier cut of pork without so many calories. It also generally erases the worry of cooking a dry tenderloin, which is very easy to do in the oven. I can’t tell you how many dry pork tenderloins I made, almost swearing off it forever, because I was cooking it too long or at the wrong temperature.
For this slow cooker maple pork tenderloin, maple syrup (the real stuff!) and mustard are used to add tons of flavor and create a lovely sauce that can be spooned over the pork afterward. There’s also some soy sauce as the salty element, which adds some umami flavor you wouldn’t get with just salt. Make sure to choose a really good mustard, since it is an important flavor in the sauce. I always use whole grain mustard, but a good Dijon or brown mustard would be great as well.
When it comes to side dishes, I like to serve it with crispy roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots. Sometimes I also throw some carrots and potatoes right into the slow cooker as well when I know I won’t have time to roast the vegetables later in the day.
Tips for Making this Slow Cooker Maple Pork Tenderloin
- To add some extra flavor, consider browning the pork in a hot pan before adding it to the slow cooker. This will add a nice brown color to the outside and also deepens the flavor.
- If you opt to add potatoes to the dish, I recommend Yukon gold potatoes since they will hold up well and have a super creamy texture.
- Make sure to use real maple syrup for this recipe. It adds so much more flavor than the fake stuff. Also a good musatrd is key.
- If you are gluten-free, you can use a gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos in the recipe.
- Feel free to add some herbs to the dish! Rosemary and thyme both work really well and pair really well with the maple mustard sauce.
Looking for more Healthy Slow Cooker Pork Recipes?
Here are some of the products I used when making this recipe.
- Slow Cooker: There are so many different slow cookers on the market but I personally use this one that allows me to brown, sear, or saute in the same pan. Plus I find the cooking temperature to be really even and consistent.
- This is my favorite whole grain mustard. I use it on sandwiches all the time plus in recipes and sauces since it adds so much flavor.